Tuesday 29 September 2015

What is Quality Education?






I want to admit my child into a school which imparts QUALITY education. Which school should I choose? No, don't name the school, tell me the criteria and I will select the school myself. Yes, tell me what is meant by QUALITY education?








What is meant by education? A process culminating into a degree which will ensures a job or money earning profession?






Education is not the learning of things, but learning of skills. Skills to lead a good life. Education is learning of life skills.





And quality education is that education which child can apply in real life. Quality education is learning of those skills by using which a child can solve the real life problems. If s/he is learning medicine s/he should be able to cure patients, if law s/he can win legal cases, if economy s/he can identify the principles of economics in real life problems and can come up with specific solutions.




If a child is learning a lot of facts but not the skill of how to think rationally, what he is getting is parrot-training, not a quality education.








No comments:

Post a Comment